Frequently Asked Questions

Primarily, we let and manage an array of beautiful flats and houses in London zones 1 and 2. Please enquire directly to

In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, our fees are publicly available here.

Letting means a tenant-finding service only while a managed service means we will take away the hassle of looking after the property and the tenants. The key difference is that we are your 24/7 contact for your tenants at all times. The differences are detailed in an easy-to-read table found here.

We also have a blog post on the topic of why you need management here.

All our fees are published here. You may find this article on how to change your agent of interest, because it could be that by the time you want to make a change, you won’t be able to under your contract with your current agent.

We advertise properties on all the major portals. We also give word-of-mouth opportunities to our current tenants who may want to inform their friends and colleagues about an upcoming vacancy.

Yes, you need to declare that you are intending to rent a property and you need permission in writing. Depending on the lender, they can give you a 1- to 2-year permission or will ask you to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage.

As a landlord, you have primary rights of entry but these are statutory-regulated according to the Housing Act 1988; for example, you need to give at least 24 hours’ notice to the tenant. However, rights of entry are rather more complex than just paying a visit and we are happy to advise you on this matter.

No, there is no need to attend viewings as we always accompany prospective tenants.

It is absolutely fine to let out a property without furniture if it is marketed as ‘unfurnished’. If, on the other hand, the property is going to be marketed as ‘furnished’, then tenants would expect as a minimum a bed, side table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dining table set, coffee table and sofa . We are happy to give guidance when we first visit your property for a free valuation.

If you have not specifically declined an inventory, we engage independent and highly experienced inventory clerks.

7 working days after the cleared rent has been received.

This is extremely rare for us as our tenants are very responsible. But should damage occur, we carry out a thorough check-in and check-out report so we can compare the state of the property. At the end of the tenancy, we draw up a dilapidations report. We will then take care to negotiate on your behalf a mutually agreeable solution to have any damage remedied. In the unlikely event that we fail to adjudicate this successfully, we will hand the matter over to the Deposit Protection Service, who offers a free, evidence-based Alternative Dispute Resolution service.

If the service we provide you with includes management, we will have created a float fund for your account. Within the amount, we will be authorised to send contractors to your property for maintenance and repairs purposes. Beyond it, we will seek your authorisation and liaise with appropriate contractors. The cost will normally be paid from your next month’s rent.

To date, this has not happened but if non-payment does happen, we will be on it from the day after the rent is due. We take extreme care to respect the relationship we have with tenants and to discover the problem. After 14 days, the rent will be classified as being in arrears where a charge is levied. After 21 days or more, we will formally write and issue a notice to protect our landlord’s rights. We have a solid procedure in place and can advise further if and when non-payment happens.

Yes. If you are a UK resident, you must register for self-assessment and declare income tax to the HMRC. If you are an overseas landlord, we are happy to advise you on how to register as a Non-Resident Landlord. If not yet approved, we will declare and pay income tax on your behalf and charge a small fee on a quarterly basis.

Our focus is currently on residential properties only.

Certainly. As we offer a refurbishment service, we have excellent relationships with various suppliers.

Yes. We have completed numerous refurbishment projects for our clients. Watch this short video to see  one of our projects. We can handle any size of refurbishment project, from small-scale redecoration to assisting with residential property extensions and conversions.

Lia and her team are trustworthy, efficient, cost conscious and extremely responsive. I would highly recommend anyone looking to rent, sell, buy in London. Her knowledge of the London property market is unparalleled.

Contact us today to discuss your requirements.

© 2021 Marybow Property
  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram