Fees from 1 June 2019
Before you move in:
- Initial Holding Deposit – A refundable deposit to reserve a property capped at 1 week rent. Upon successful referencing, this will become part of the full 5 or 6 weeks Rent Deposit.
- Rent Deposit – 5 weeks rent for rent less than £50,000 per year. 6 weeks for rent more than £50,000 and above per year. Not sure how to calculate? Rent pcm x 12 / 52 = rent per week or Rent pw x 52 / 12 = rent pcm.
- Any change to the Tenancy Agreement – £50.00. This means any contract negotiation that leads to amending terms of your tenancy agreement during the tenancy, including any change of tenant.
Other Fees and Charges:
- Unpaid Rent/Returned Payments – Interest 3% above Bank of England base rate from date due until paid.
- Replacement of lost key/security device – The reasonable cost of replacing any keys, fobs or other security devices lost or damaged by the Tenant.
- Early Termination of Tenancy – If granted, all the landlord’s cost of re-letting the property, the contracted rent until the end of the fixed term, and monthly rent until the property is re-let. The re-letting cost may include referencing, check in / out, drawing up tenancy agreement, marketing and advertising. If the termination is a direct tenancy swap, the out-going tenant will be responsible for the landlord’s arrangement fee, referencing the replacement tenant plus any guarantors, and check-in inventory.
- Damages and Missing Items – Should tenant(s) breach contract or failure to fulfil the obligations contained in the contract, the Tenant will be liable for all costs incurred by the landlord.
- Misuse of emergency maintenance service – If the issue was not an emergency and someone was dispatched, you will be liable for the full cost, payable to the contractor directly or from the rent deposit. As of April 2020, the fee is £120 plus vat for the first hour, then £60 plus vat per 30 minutes thereafter.
Fees up to 31 May 2019
Before you move in:
- Contract fee – £150.00 per property (up to two tenants) to draw up the tenancy agreement
- Additional tenant fee – £50.00 per person
- Credit check and reference fee – £60.00 per person. This consists of: credit, employment, landlord and right to rent checks, progressing application and referencing process.
- Guarantor referencing fee – free
- Extension of the Tenancy – £75.00
- Rent Deposit – 6 weeks rent. Not sure how to calculate? Rent pcm x 12 / 52 = rent per week or Rent pw x 52 / 12 = rent pcm
- Pet Deposit – 2 weeks additional rent unless otherwise agreed by the landlord and the tenant
- Independent and professional check-in inventory –
|1 Bedroom||£144.00 (£120+VAT)|
|2 Bedrooms||£156.00 (£130+VAT)|
|3 Bedrooms||£168.00 (£140+VAT)|
|4 Bedrooms||£180.00 (£150+VAT)|
NB: Non-standard rooms and weekend/evening appointments may have an additional charge.
Other Fees and Charges:
- Unpaid Rent/Returned Payments – Interest 4% above Bank of England base rate from date due.
- Tenancy re-assignment fee (if granted) – £100.00 administration fee from the Rent Deposit.
- Professional Cleaning – please enquire as it depends if the work is for a regular clean or end of tenancy deep clean. End of tenancy clean starts from £95.00.
- Future landlord reference – £10.00 per reference request.
- Early Termination of Tenancy – Should the landlord grants to terminate your tenancy early, you will be responsible for the repayment of the pro-rata commission paid in advance by the landlord for the unexpired portion of the tenancy and any other reasonable costs (e.g. telephone lines, satellite television contracts, TV licences, cleaning, admin fees etc) incurred from that point until the end of the term. Should the property be re-let during the fixed term and if the new tenancy is for a lesser rent, you will be responsible for an amount equal to the difference between the original rent and new lower rental figure up to the end of the original term.
- Coordination of any works required due to damage of property at the end of tenancy – £65.00 per hour.
- Lost or damaged Tenant Handbook – from £50.00
- Processing refund – £20.00
*Prices correct as of April 2020 and are subject to change.
Handling Client Monies
Any funds held by Marybow Property as agent will be held in a bank account designated as a ‘Client Account’ and separate from our own funds. As members of ARLA Propertymark, we are a member of Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (ref C0131558).